Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Grandma

In January I made an unexpected trip back to MN for my grandmother's funeral.  Just after Christmas my grandmother fell.  The doctors found compression fractures as a result of the fall, and she was in quite a bit of pain.  Each time I talked to my mother for an update, it seemed there was another complication.  My grandmother passed away on January 4th. 

I'm so thankful for a friend who helped me get home on such short notice to be with my family during this time.  Click here for my grandmother's obituary.

As you can imagine, I loved my grandmother dearly, and I'm very proud of her.  She was a great example to me in many ways.  Her quiet strength, wisdom and integrity inspire me.  I'm thankful for the many special memories I have with my grandma.  She was a woman of faith, and we find comfort that my grandmother is now without pain, meeting Jesus face-to-face and perhaps even dancing with the angels.  Praise God that we have this hope of eternal life with Him.

Thanks to all of you who have sent condolences and have been praying for my family.





   

No comments:

Post a Comment