Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Linda's story continued.

Psalm 27:14 Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! 


This passage spoke to me during the last 2 years, and still does today.




After years of praying about leaving my job and hearing wait, late last summer I no longer heard wait and knew that it was time to move. I was unsure of exactly what that meant, but I knew I was to leave my current job. I gave notice even though I didn’t have a new job. This was something I had never done before.

I trusted in God and He provided. I was able to continue to work for the next few months while looking for a job.  I put my resume in to many places. I had many interviews. There wasn't a job that was working out, and I could feel that the end date at my job was quickly approaching.  However, God gave me a great peace.


I had plans to visit my friend Kristin in December, so made the dates line up with the day after my last day on the job. My hope was to visit with my friend and take some needed time to process leaving a job that I had been at for 9 ½ years. I was praying and asking God to show me the next steps, where did He want me next and how was that going to look. After praying and talking with Kristin it was becoming more and more apparent that I was to spend some time in the DR helping her with the Emmanuel Ministry.



I had a month to prepare and make arrangements to be gone for several months.  I spent time with family and friends, and I met Kristin at the airport on Jan. 28th before the sun came out for our 5:30AM flight. 

That is the story of how I ended up in Hato Mayor, Dominican Republic. I am currently trying to learn some Spanish, as quickly as possible!  I’m praying for God to guide my next steps after my return this spring.  

A friend recently gave me some advice. Don’t just ask God what is next, figure out what your passions are, look for a gap and prayerfully consider filling that gap.
Pslam 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

1 comment:

  1. It is so beautiful how God is working and speaking into your life and how you are listening and responding to His voice. I love reading about your adventures! And that advice you mentioned...thank you for passing it forward. ;)

    ReplyDelete