Wednesday, September 5, 2012

English Class by Candle Light

On Monday night, I started an English class for the leaders who will be teaching English in our program.  These leaders know quite a bit of English already, but they are excited to learn even more.  Together, we will go through the textbook that they will be using to teach others.  I will help them with their pronunciation, give them ideas for their lesson plans and expand their Enlgish vocabulary.

We will be meeting twice a week, and I'm excited.  I think it's going to be a lot of fun!

When we met on Monday, the electricity went out in my apartment.  I thought that would delay us or that they might decide to go home, but they didn't skip a beat.  We got out the flashlights and candles and continued the lesson as if nothing had happened!

The electricitiy was out nearly the entire time.  I can honestly say that was the first time I taught a class by candle light!  Praise the Lord!


I forgot to take a picture the night the electricity went out,
but this is a picture form tonight (Wed).  Our English teachers praciting their English.

No comments:

Post a Comment