Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Sale











Monday morning we had a sale to raise money for La Vega. We sold many of the items the teams left behind: shoes, clothing, towels, sheets, suitcases, shampoo, sunblock, hand sanitizer, baseball gloves, etc, etc, etc. There was sooooo much stuff and sooooo many people.










I've never done the early morning New Year's Sale thing, but this was a DR version of that madness. People lined up early outside the gate waiting for the door to open. They rushed to find the best deals/items. It was CRAZY. The entire room was packed with people searching through the piles. Wow!! Note to self - do not every let anyone convince me to do the New Year's Sale! :)









I've included a bunch of pictures. There are still some items remaining. I think they are going to open the sale again today to try to get rid of a few more items.
































Yesterday afternoon I got to go for a walk again with a few friends out in the country - along the road to Kilo 16 for those of you who have been here before. We walked and walked and walked, and it was wonderful! It felt so good to get out away from the noise and busyness of the city and just be in the quiet, beautiful countryside. I love it out there!!

It was also good because my translator friend was with me, and we could practice together as we walked. I am hoping to do this more often!! I need to bring my camera next time, so I can take some pictures of the scenery and of the homes in which my friends live. I think you will find those pictures very interesting!!


Monday night, I went to a concert/service in the park. There were lots and lots of people from many different churches. It was really neat to see so many people worshipping the same amazing, almighty, powerful and wonderful God together under the stars. What a treat!














Today is a day of doing laundry, packing and preparing for La Vega. Please pray
for us as we reach out to the people in that community. Pray for our team, pray for the new church and pray for me! Thanks!!

Next Post = La Vega!! Can't wait to tell the stories that God is writing even now!

Love to you all!!

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment